NEXT Welcomes our New Hire, Laura Brown!
Laura started at the beginning of June here at NEXT as our Administrative Coordinator relocating from Roanoke, Virginia. She graduated from Radford University with a BS in Marketing and Communications. While studying, she did a marketing internship that centered around one big summer event which is where her love for event planning started. From there she has worked lots of weddings as an assistant coordinator and handful as the lead planner. She enjoys being able to be apart of something and offering up a helpful hand. She is goal minded with attention to detail.
New to the Upstate, she moved with her husband, pup, and cat for a new venture. She enjoys reading, being outside, baking, and challenging herself in many aspects of life.
We had Laura answer some questions to get to know her better:
- What are three things still left on your bucket list?
- Spend a month out west. (California, Oregon, Colorado, Washington state to name a few) I LOVE the scenery out there and way of life.
- Become bilingual (Probably learn French or Spanish)
- Travel back to Italy and Switzerland (Lol it was amazing, and I can’t wait to go back)
- What’s your favorite famous or inspirational quote?
“It’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey”
Something I have to remind myself daily is that things are a process and even though I have all of the goals, what good are they if you’re not learning and enjoying yourself along the way? You’ve got to embrace the now while you are setting goals and dreaming for the future.
- What is your ideal way to spend a day off?
Definitely doing something outdoors. Biking, hiking, or paddle boarding on the lake with my hubs and pup. Oh, and most certainly with a lavender latte 😊
- What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
The Suite Life of Zach and Cody was a classic fave.